September 5, 2007

Same 3 Teens (First part of the story)

Lisa didn't mention that those same three teens had gone through the "Intelligence Test" survey with me. They seemed genuinely interested, although toward the end of the conversation I sensed that they were ready to continue their roaming through the mall, so I thanked them for their time and let them go.

About ten minutes later, Lisa saw me and said, "You should go talk to those three boys sitting on that bench." (She knows that I target young men about that age for the Intelligence Test Survey). So I tell her, "I talked to them about five minutes ago. You should go give them the ticket to heaven tract." So she does and uses her great on liner (read her post below).

Now that's what I call a tag-team effort. Me, my wife and GOD!!!

Pray for them...

I also talked to a slightly older young man (same approach - Intelligence Test Survey). The conversation was going quite well. He was clearly interested, and offered his opinions as to how one knows the difference between right and wrong, and whether God has standards. It was a good conversation.

It could have been even better, but his wife/girlfriend/significant other walked up just as I was starting to get to the questions of depth. Since she appeared to want to talk to him, I thanked him for his time and left.

As I was leaving, I noticed that one in our group had given him a 'ticket to heaven' tract that he was holding. You can pray for him. His name is Eric...

-t

1 comment:

Sarah Banowetz said...

Awesome job, Tony! I know that for me I "target" teens, too. They are just so much more open to talking in general than middle-aged people.

-Sarah