September 5, 2007

Tracts Galore!

We had an awesome night at the mall this evening! We did something different in that we met 15 minutes earlier than usual for a time of prayer (which we usually do) encouragement and a witnessing story. Then, everyone was sent off with a stack of "ticket to Heaven" tracts to hand out (along with talking to people) - - in addition to just walking around trying to find someone to talk to. We handed out 100 tracts in about 40 minutes and had to dig into our other stock of tracts we had on hand! Really - that is amazing. Here we are getting ready to witness...

My husband's co-worker, Adrian, and his wife, Karen, along with Adrian's friend, Matt (another Matt), came along tonight. Adrian and Matt (the other one) are doing the Basic Training together and wanted help with their homework so I took the three of them along with me. Karen was just going to watch and she ended up feeling comfortable enough to hand out one tract before the hour was up! Yeah!

Andria also came along to watch and pray for the third week in a row! She was handing out tracts, too! She has been such an encouragement to us because she came out with us and then she keeps coming out with us! Yeah! (Do I say that too much? LOL)

Dave (our elder) also came along tonight! Wow, that was really an encouragement!!

Here is Tony talking to three teens. He is using a survey tract pad which he really likes to use. He's found his "niche."

Here is Lisa talking... I think she might have known these people, though?????

Adrian or Matt (I can't remember who) had given this young teen a "ticket to Heaven" so I sat down next to him to talk to him about what he was reading. His mom interrupted us before we got too far into the conversation, though.


Lisa was told she had to stop handing out tracts. She's going to talk with mall management this week to see if she can get permission for herself. Pray about that.

Like I said, Dave came tonight and I wasn't around him most of the "fishing" hour but he was still a huge encouragement to me. I was really glad to have his leadership and, plus, he was so matter-of-fact and passionate about this. He was right out there doing it like he'd been handing out tracts at the mall his whole life. And!... When you see Dave around, ask him about the lady at the mall with the ball point pen!

I took Matt (that other one) with me while I talked to two twenty-something men sitting on a bench looking bored. That went well... The both were given a tract, a booklet for new and growing Christians and one was given the Gospel of John in a magazine format. Matt, who hadn't seen this done in person yet, seemed really encouraged and said, "It's just like what they do on the training DVDs!"

A few minutes later I handed a "Bible is Full of Mistakes" tract to an 18-year old couple. As Matt and I were a few yards away, the guy yelled out, "Hey, I want to talk to you. I thought you were handing me something religious but since you're not, I want to talk to you! So, talk to me!!! What's up?" How awesome is that!!! So, I just said, "Well, do you think you're a good person?" The tract was perfect for him because it got us talking about God without him realizing it. His 'oats' were being salted so that by the time I started talking about Jesus Christ, he was thirsty and it wasn't foolishness. His girlfriend was soooooo receptive. I wonder if she would have given her life to Christ on the spot if it weren't for being with her BF and running out of time to talk. Pray for her (I don't know her name but God does).

After handing out over 100 gospel messages and talking to numerous people we sat down to eat and fellowship...

Sorry Dave... I took three pictures of you and Sam but you were chewing or talking in all of them. :c)






-Sarah

3 comments:

Liz said...

That's great to hear! Sounds like you had a productive night last night. :) I encouraged our church up here by telling them of your weekly commitment to "fishing" at the mall. A lot of them were very encouraged, and I think it helped make the idea of witnessing in this way even more real to them. Keep up the great work! :)

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear! Sounds like you had a productive night last night. :) I encouraged our church up here by telling them of your weekly commitment to "fishing" at the mall. A lot of them were very encouraged, and I think it helped make the idea of witnessing in this way even more real to them. Keep up the great work! :)

Sarah Banowetz said...

Liz,

Give them the blog link.

See, "fishers," this is why we need to be blogging regularly!

-Sarah