July 11, 2007

Can I ask you a question?

It is so hard to start a spiritual conversation with someone. Believe me, I know. I just try to focus on the Lord and it does get a bit easier - although it usually isn't "easy," by any means.

Before we went out fishing tonight, I was having slushies with my mom and my children. Because of the relaxed atmosphere, the owner of the business was talking to us about plain, old everyday things. I sat there thinking that this is crazy! I have this Truth and Good News that I know about and I'm sitting here talking to the guy about things that really have no long-term value! I didn't want to get into it with him, though... I mean, I'm sitting here with my mom and three little children and what if he gets mad at me?

But, I know what I should do... And so I just pray for strength and jump in (otherwise I won't do it), "You seem like a very friendly guy; I'm taking a class through my church. Could I ask you a few questions?..."

When it is all said and done, I'm shaking but am so thankful, too. Things go well and people are hearing the Good News when they may never have otherwise! Salt their oats... Make them thirsty for righteousness... And watch lives changed.

This is the biggest thrill...

...and I've never been a thrill-seeker!


-Sarah


P.S. Did you catch the lie in this blog? Yes, I too am a "liar," (the class is over therefore I'm not taking a class).

No comments: