July 4, 2007

Freedom Festival Fishing


I went to downtown CR today, where the Pancake Breakfast, 5K and Kid's Parade were happening. A great gathering of people of all ages and backgrounds to go and spread the good news.

I was very nervous and scared. I had been preparing for this day, knowing that I would feel this way, and praying that God would give me strength and boldness to do what I did not want to do. I had also prayed for the Holy Spirit to prepare those I would meet and give me the right words to say.

I ended up really talking to two people and I would not really call it talking, but handing out a tract. I know from being confronted by this opportunity to witness, that my heart needs to change. I will continue to pray for the ability to love others as Christ loved me. I pray that more opportunities to talk with people are available to me and that the Gospel would go out and the Holy Spirit would work through me and that through all of it, God would be glorified.

Matt B.

1 comment:

Sarah Banowetz said...

One of the people that Matt left a tract (A really funny One-Liners tract - no less) was a DJ from a local radio station! I later saw him walking around with the tract. Maybe he will use some of the one-liners on air?
-Sarah B.