July 22, 2007

Pray with People

I found this on the Living Waters site and thought it was good to share with everyone. Ray C. is talking to someone on an airplane. Here is the ending...

[The man I was talking to] did the spiritual I.Q. test on side two of the tract, and proved to be very open to the things of God, so I spent about twenty minutes witnessing to him. Then I prayed with him, that his conscience would remind him of his past sins, that he would see the seriousness of his transgression, and that the Lord would grant him light until he came to a point of peace with God. I also prayed that God would bless him and his family and keep them in health. We parted with a handshake, and his other hand filled with literature.

When you step out of the warmth of the barracks, you risk being shot down in flames of rejection. But when you leave a warm room to venture into the cold, how nice and cozy it seems when you get back. When I sat back down in my seat, I had the heart-warming knowledge that I had pleased God and done what I should as a Christian. If you have a good day for the Lord by being a true and faithful witness, when you go to bed at night, you will glow. You will know that this was a day of victory for you and defeat for the devil, because you broke free from the shackles of the fear of man.

View the whole story by clicking here.

No comments: