July 3, 2007

Salesman at the Door (Aaron)

Remember how that magazine salesman came to my door after I had just started doing the Way of the Master Basic Training with the women months ago? Matt and I were so scared to do it and we let him go... But then the Lord brought him back and I talked to him using the law first. It was such a traumatic and stressful experience (in a good way).

Well...

Another magazine salesman came to the door this afternoon (we haven't had one that sells mags since Kenny - the first mag salesman). And, what is so awesome (I'm boasting on the Lord ONLY) is that I said, "No, thank you, but, can I ask you a question? Would you consider yourself to be a good person?" and then just went in to it... No stress or fear (I was praying at the same time, though). And, because I was trained, and have practiced some, it went so smoothly (although I know this won't always be the case). But, here is the really encouraging thing...

He came from a Christian background. As you know from experience, it is HARD to share your faith with loved ones due to the nature of the relationships. But, what is so awesome is that after he left I was just floored thinking that it was NOT a coincidence that he and I met. I believe that he must have had family praying for him and "running into" someone that was trained in how to share Christ Biblically had to have been an answer to his family's prayers.

I (through the Holy Spirit) told him about the purpose of the Law, why we actually need Christ (after asking him probing questions I would then explain). Compared it to civil law and then used the parachute analogy (putting on Christ as you would a parachute - trusting in Him). I asked if he read his Bible and he said whenever something bad is happening to him. I told him that the world tells us not to question our faith but the Bible says differently. That we should test ourselves to make sure we are in the faith. I told him to read his Bible. Gave him a tract and a "Save Yourself Some Pain" booklet and he was so receptive. From "Hello" to "Goodbye" it was only 10 minutes or less. He was relaxed around me... Received "new" information and it, Lord willing only, may have changed his life forever. Plus, Joey was listening from behind me too b/c when he left I asked Joe what we had been talking about and he said, "God."

By the way, his name is Aaron if you would like to pray for him.

-Sarah B.

No comments: