July 4, 2007

Real Freedom!

I have such a difficult time discerning who I should speak to when we're out "fishing" and who I should pass by. On my own, I can't know who needs the Savior and whose heart is open to the Gospel. Why is it so difficult to just hand someone a tract? If I truly believe that I could be the conduit to a person's salvation (which I do!), why would I ever hesitate?? The realization that I either 1) don't really love the lost enough to risk an uncomfortable conversation or 2) don't really believe that the person without Christ is going to be separated from God forever, makes me nauseous. God forgive me for my lack of trust in Him!

I am learning so much about sharing my faith and am always blessed when I ignore my fear and trust the Holy Spirit to work through me.

I had the opportunity to talk to two women today about my Lord. One was convinced she's "just fine" and insisted on telling me every good thing she is doing for God. I shared with her that nothing we do is good enough to bridge our sinful separation from a Holy God but I didn't feel like she "got it".

The 2nd woman congenially agreed with me that she has fallen short of perfection and had broken God's law many times. I expected her to tell me she is already saved in the end, but instead she told me she doesn't believe in Heaven or Hell because she is a Wiccan. It was such a delight to ask her about her beliefs and challenge her on them. How wonderful to communicate the message of redemption to a person who believes in reincarnation! I thank God for the privilege to share His message of love with a person so deceived.

Lisa

1 comment:

Sarah Banowetz said...

Lisa, it is always so much FUN to go out with you telling people about Jesus! I hate doing it "alone" (although we never are). You are such a blessing!!!
Sarah B.