July 4, 2007

Festival on the 4th

At the Freedom Festival today I talked with a teen and his dad who were Christians and then pointed them towards Way of the Master.com. That was an easy one although it is never easy to find your "first" to talk to each time. I was nervous and didn't know if I could actually start talking to anybody.

Once that first one was over, it was soooooooo much easier. I talked with a women waiting for her daughter to use the restroom and then another lady who was sitting down near where I was standing. Both times I just asked if I could ask them some questions. They both were similar... Had a "head knowledge" of who Christ was (for forgiveness) but something wasn't right. I kept probing and both times they said they didn't read their Bible much or at all. Both times I told them to test themselves to see if they were in the faith and to read their Bibles and then I gave them a tract or a "New/Growing Christians - Save Pain" booklet.

THEN (really awesome!) Sam H. and I went to talk/tape a Channel 2 Newsman and his camera man. The guy thought that was pretty cool - tables turned thing. The Newsman's mouth was not being stopped... He kept trying to justify. So, I didn't want to give him the gospel and I could see he was starting to get kinda frustrated. Sam tried to jump in. Then, the four of us were just standing their for a second and then the camera man jumped in and gave the gospel to his co-worker! It was WAY AWESOME! Because, now the Newsman knows who to talk to for more information. We also left them with two tracts.

Sarah B.

No comments: