August 3, 2007

Can It Get Easier Than This?

First I'd like to say in reply to one of Sarah B.'s posts that I don't think it's possible to fail in our witnessing. someone has said,"You only fail in witnessing when you fail to witness!" By that I think it means that we must always keep in mind that God is truly sovereign over all human history and His plans cannot fail. So when we do our best, the Holy Spirit will use whatever we do to scatter seed or water what's already been planted. Otherwise, I think we are in danger of being so scared that we will make a mistake in witnessing and then we just don't witness. Surely the loving Lord does not want that!

Secondly, I just wanted to add another, super easy way to break into witnessing if you are REALLY shy and scared to talk to others about spiritual things. One thing I have asked the Lord to remind me to do is to always have tracts in my purse when I leave the house (I stock up on Sundays!). Then I ask Him to help me remember to put at least one in every bathroom I visit that day. When I walk the mall I bring enough to put in each stall of the bathroom closest to the food court and in the nearby family restroom ( I leave one in the bathroom there as well as on the little table and on the rocking chair behind the screen). I also bring enough now for the one downstairs bathroom--and I've begun to put ones like the Billion Dollar question one in some of the fliers for the army, navy, air force and marines. I figure that anyone these days who is planning to sign up for the service knows that they are likely to be deployed to Iraq, so of all the people who need to hear the gospel, I'd say they are a priority.

Now since I am female, if only one man got the bug to do this one little thing, think of how many more people could be reached! As you may have guessed, I "use" the restroom at every building I enter--so that means WalMart, the Marion library, the mall, and even at a nonmall Hallmark store!

You may say, "Isn't that just a waste of paper? People will just throw them away!" Ha, ha. The last time I put some in the biggest mall restroom I saw a gal holding one and talking to a friend and putting it into her purse! She was too far ahead of me for me to get a chance to talk to her. Just for fun I check the bathrooms at the mall with each time I go around, so I can replace ones that have been taken. Often there are several that are gone, the ones that are left are always in good condition, but they've often been turned over and moved so that I know they've been read. I always pray as I leave them that the Lord would get them into the right hands, and I vary the tracts so they always look new. Dale even saw one of the Billion Dollar question ones placed near the checkout at Cranky Hank's, in the lower level of the mall! Awesome.

So don't say you haven't been given SMALL, DOABLE steps that you can take to reach others for Christ. Before I started placing the tracts I thought of how I came to Christ, and being a private person at that time, I know that I would have read a tract placed inside a bathroom stall. It's private, not pushy, and no one has to notice that you slip it into your purse as you go. And of course, it has a great web site address on the back for more information!

S.R.C.

No comments: