August 8, 2007

I finally had a "spiritual" conversation...

I finally got beyond giving a "survey" tonight with a couple of teens!

After going all the way through the intelligence test survey, I asked the last question: "Can a person avoid hell by living a good life?"

The answer that this young man gave (Colton was his name) was a perfect transition to discussing God's standards of right and wrong - so I dove in. It turns out that Colton is a Mormon, and had some thoughts about what I was saying. We talked about what God's standard of a "good person" is and that Jesus Christ is the only way to take care of man's sin problem.

I would not say that I am entirely happy with how I shared (I think I could have handled some things better...), but I am overjoyed that I was actually able to share Christ with someone in an actual conversation!

After I left, we saw Colton showing the survey to one of his friends. As we were leaving, I stopped and handed him a tract called "Three Truths Every Mormon Should Know."

Please pray for Colton - that he may understand the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

-Tony

5 comments:

Liz said...

Yay Dad!!! I'm so proud of you!! ***HUG*** I'm sure you're flying high...keep being bold in your faith! :) It's worth it!

Sarah Banowetz said...

Yeah, Tony! I thought you did an awesome job. At first I couldn't figure out why you were SOOO excited when you and Matt were telling me about it right afterwards... Until it hit me, oh you actually *talked* to someone!! Yeah! That totally rocks (do people still say that?)!!!
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Tony,

Thank you for your obedience. I had a hard time getting started, too, but I think it gets easier.

You mentioned a tract about Three Truths Every Mormon Should Know. I've never heard of it. Where can I get some? Did you just happen to be carrying it with you?

Thanks,
Bill

Tony and Lisa said...

Bill,

I'm not the one that orders the resources that we use, but I'll have Sarah post a comment here with the information.

Blessings,
Tony

Sarah Banowetz said...

Bill,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The tract that Tony had was from www.FellowshipTractLeague.org. The tracts are free although they do take donations. I wasn't too impressed with their general tracts but I did order 11 different ones that were all geared towards false religions. They're thin enough that you can keep one of each on you at all times pretty easily (not bulky) for when you come across someone from a false religion. Hope that helps!

-Sarah