August 30, 2007

Stuggles / Handing Tracts / 4 Teens

In case anyone thinks this "fishing thing" is easy for me, well, it's a lot of hard work. God's grace is my provision during witnessing. But, lately there are moments when I feel (I know, feelings are inaccurate) that I'm lost on a dark path. This afternoon was one of those moments and it wasn't until I turned to the Bible - instead of websites, friends, etc. - before the confusion and panic lifted.

On another note, I was struggling with handing out tracts to people as I ran errands yesterday. I was worried that it wouldn't be a good use of the church's resources (my own tracts don't come in until next week) if I wasn't actually having a conversation with someone. Then, on my way into HyVee an elderly woman made a little sing-song noise as she passed me outside and then handed me a gospel tract! I instinctively said, "Thank you," just like most people say to us. Then, when I realized what it was, I wanted to turn around and run over to the lady (I didn't because I was loaded down with children) and thank her for caring about my eternal destination!

So, I started handing out tracts to people. And, one guy at HyVee commented about not killing anyone so he must be a good person. I said, "Well, you really need to read that then!" In a positive voice, he said that he would. Fifteen minutes later I saw him again at the library (he didn't see me, though).

Lastly, at the mall fishing last night my teenage brother's ex-really-close ex-girlfriend ran up to me with her three teenage friends. I talked to them and boy was that hard. I was really praying during that conversation and was worn out - I mean, really worn out - afterwards. That was one of the most tiring conversations I've had so far, but, oh, it was good.

Please pray for me - I have really been needing it lately. Also, please pray for my brother's ex-girlfriend, Heather. I care a lot about her.

-Sarah B.

No comments: