August 2, 2007

Getting started is the hard part. Then you have to talk...

Every group has one. I'm it in our group of "fishermen." I still have a hard time doing this.

I understand the need. I understand the methods. I'm just a bit of a chicken. Take last night, for example. I have learned that I can spend a lot of time walking in circles... But once I talk to someone, it all gets (a little) easier after that. The sum total of my contribution on this outing was handing out 4 tracts (two personally, and two left in various locations at the mall) and giving a group of three teens an 'intelligence test." The teens were polite enough, but didn't seem to want to talk very much, so I left the test with them to "grade" on their own, without talking to them further.

So - to summarize - there are two things I find difficult on these outings:
1. Taling to the first person
2. Continuing to talk...

The good news is, I can't get any worse at this than I already am. So I will keep trying to do the right thing for the right reasons. After all, God can use anyone, right???

-tony

No comments: