August 1, 2007

An Evening at the Mall

We had five adults, two teens and three children at the mall this evening. It was an awesome night to be there. Lisa made a comment about there being so many potential people to talk to this evening.

I talked with three teen girls in the woman's restroom while my oldest played with a stall door beside us. That was really awesome because one had a 'problem' with, as she said, "God destroying cities full of homosexuals and then turning a woman into stone because she turned around." I have just been reading Genesis so I was able to explain it to her truthfully and it then seemed to make sense to her. We talked about creation (painting is proof that there is a painter - creation is proof that there is a creator) and one girl said that even if she did believe in God, her sins were too great. I was able to tell her that that wasn't the truth. It was AWESOME!

I talked with another lady (just asked questions about her beliefs and then gave her a tract) while our children played in the play area. Then gave out a couple tracts to other parents. Then, while I was standing with our group 'debriefing' my sister-in-law's high school friend who I've only met a few times walked by. We recognized each other and (this is totally of the Lord) I remembered her name and said, "You're such-and-such!" I talked with her and her boyfriend for about thirty minutes but never gave them the gospel. Their mouths were never stopped by the Law (see Romans) and they had a lot of lies they were believing about the Bible. I kept telling them to get a copy of The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It was good and it couldn't have been a coincidence that we talked! It was AWESOME! Have I said that already?

As I was leaving the mall, I handed my last tract on me to a very tough looking teen who was with his female friends in a shoe store. Then I turned around and knocked over a stack of shoe boxes. Very embarrassing but I'd like to think I handled it okay! :c)

I can't wait for Matt to post because God has been working a miracle in his heart since the 4th of July when we were at the Freedom Festival.

-Sarah

No comments: