August 17, 2007

Telemarketer

Someone just called me to sell a vacation. I've learned some new techniques from http://www.evtales.com/ and used one to tell the lady about Christ...

I told the sales lady that I wasn't interested wondered if I could ask her an interesting question. Is she 100-percent sure that she would go to Heaven if she died tonight? No. Does she think she is a good person? Yes. Has she ever lied? No. Never? No, never. Has she ever stolen anything? No. At this point I realized that I was going to lose her soon (she'd hang up) so I used a new 'trick' which is to give the '17 second sermon.'

Well, God gave us a standard to show us how sinful we are. It's the 10 Commandments. If you've ever lied than you are a lier. If you've ever stolen anything than you are a thief. Jesus said that lust is the same as adultery and hate is the same as murder. So, if you've ever done these things, than you are a lying, thieving, murderous, adulterer, at heart, and when God judges you on the day of judgement you will be found guilty and go to hell. That's not what God wants so He sent His son Jesus to die on a cross and take your punishment for you. Okay. Does that make sense?"

Sales Lady: "I know that."

Me: "So, have you repented of your sins and put your faith in Jesus?"

Sales Lady: "Um, no, I'm at work right now and can't talk."

Me: "Okay, thanks. Goodbye."

Sales Lady: "Goodbye."

I sounded like a crazy person, I'm sure. But, hey, seeds were planted!

-Sarah

No comments: